Wedding inspired baby nursery

The day I found out I was having a girl, I headed over to Home Goods to get some color/design inspiration for the new nursery. I love planning and designing but I drive myself crazy with deciding on color combos. I did this when I planned my wedding too.  I also want to TRY and make the crib skirt, especially since I can't find anything I like online or in the stores.  And since I used a breathable bumper with Maddy, I don't really need to buy an entire crib bedding set. 

When I finally narrowed my choices down to aqua and pink or orange I started searching online and came across a lot of wedding theme pictures (not surprised since pink and orange are a hot trend now).  But the pictures actually helped me visualize the color scheme for a baby nursery and it made me realize that wedding themes area  great source of inspiration for when you're planning your baby nursery.  My inspiration fabric is an aqua damask print from Joann Fabrics. Still not sure if I'll use it (need to find a pink or orange fabric to pair it with), but I like it and I'm 1 step closer to solving my nursery design dilemma. Below are some more ideas and the wedding theme images that inspired them. 



Clockwise from top: Calico fabric, Joann.com; Handpainted drawer pull knob, Etsy.com; Aqua and pink paper lanterns, PinkFrosting.com; Regents Park rug, RosenberryRooms.com; Tiffany Bluebird pillow, Etsy.com; Fancy Crystal Chandelier wall decal, Etsy.com; Butterfly wall decal, Etsy.com; Room Essentials ® bin, Target.com.  Aqua and Pink wedding photo from ProjectWedding.com; Blue and Orange wedding photo from MyIslandWedding.blogspot.com 

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c