Talking about blogging

Well I never thought my blog would lead me to public speaking, but it has!

This morning I spoke to the Hamilton-Washington Township Rotary about blogs and what they can do to spruce up a current website. But how did I end up speaking to them? Back in October (I think) I attended a WIN lunch (Women Interested in Networking) and met a woman who was in the rotary club. She asked if I would speak for them about blogging. Then in November I was contacted to do just that!

I put together a brief PowerPoint presentation to discuss the pros & cons of blogs, examples of some rotary blogs, and blogs vs websites.

I had a good time at the meeting. The group seemed to have a lot of fun and really enjoyed what they do. I hope I can help them initiate the blog process in anyway possible. Having a blog connected to a formal website is always good PR for an organization that does so many good things for the community. This past moth, the group made a $4500 donation to Home Front which included a $2000 grant from the Hamilton Walmart. The rotary is a great organization, but I don't know if I'd be dishonorable to my husband, the Lion member, if I were to join a rotary club!

Here is some more information about the Hamilton-Washington Rotary and about Rotary International.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c