Award show fashion: Inspired by Art Deco design

Sports fans have the playoffs and us fashion lovers have award shows. The past few weeks, I've been following the fashion round-ups from various industry events and looking for my favorite styles, designers, colors and ensembles.  

On Sunday night, The Golden Globes were handed out and while, there are no trophies for best dressed, there are certainly plenty of websites and magazines that cover the fashion extensively.  One of my favorite trends is a blend of vintage, metallic and architectural elements.  I simply call it Art Deco inspired. I first spotted my inspiration piece for this week in a fashion wrap up of The Critics Choice Awards.  Worn by Emily Blunt, the Georges Chakra dress reminded me of the top of the Chrysler Building-and that's a complement. I just love the fish-scale detailing of the skirt.  Another dress that falls in the same category was the Elie Saab gown worn by Toni Collette at The Golden Globes.  So off to the net I went looking for Art Deco-esque dresses, tops, etc.  My faves of the collection are the French Connection Star Catcher dress and the Alyce Designs gown. 


Clockwise from right: Alyce Designs Gown, $396, Ya-Da Sequin Rain top, $78, Scala Homecoming dress, $198,  Spirit Catcher Dress, £160 (avail in US in blue for $155),  ASOS embellished dress, $220.96, Arden B. sequin tank, $38, Basix dress, $448




No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c