Gifts for Her: Sorel boots







The last thing you want this winter is to get stuck in a surprise snow fall (Houston, we have a problem!) or the first fall of the year and have no warm, practical and waterproof boots to wear.  And yeah, you might be like me and have a pair that passes as unisex at best and that you wear only when you're shoveling snow.  Well, if you had a pair of boots from the new fashion-meets-function Sorel line, you'd wear your boots on any cold weather day. 

As a leader in cold weather footwear for almost 50 years, Sorel believes in taking care of your feet with the latest technology and lightweight materials. The boots' classic looks have had an upgrade this year providing men, women and children with classic, trendy and fun looks.  Sorel was kind enough to send me a pair of boots so I could have a legendary Sorel experience first hand.  I chose my boots based on the following criteria: stylish, neutral and perfect for snowy weather.  The Joan of Arctic ($130) was a perfect fit!  Quick tip: the boots come in single sizes and run big. If you are 8 1/2, get size 8, etc.

Here are the specs(from Sorel.com):
Crafted from waterproof full-grain and suede leather, the high-cut upper is topped with a faux fur snow cuff. A removable recycled felt InnerBoot and 2.5mm felt frost plug armor toes against the cold down to -25° below zero, while the classic handcrafted waterproof vulcanized rubber shell offer a level of warmth and durability that never goes out of style.

FEATURES:

  • Seam-sealed waterproof construction
  • Waterproof full-grain and suede upper
  • Removable recycled felt InnerBoot
  • Faux fur snow cuff
  • 2.5mm bonded felt frost plug
  • Handcrafted waterproof vulcanized rubber shell with herringbone outsole.
  • Imported

Mrs Mo's Review: A stylish and wise investment
Whenever I see women wearing fashionable winter boots over their jeans, I always wonder if I could pull it off.  I'm so glad I went with the Joan boots and I picked the best day to try them out. Last weekend was the first heavy snow of the Princeton area.  I chose to pair my boots with jeans, my khaki trench and a brown plaid hat (shown above).  Right around the time when the snow really started to fall, I had to drop off a dish for a special event in town which required walking across a snow covered parking lot.  Normally, I would have just worn sneakers, but my Sorel boots kept me grounded and very warm!  If you're looking for a new pair of functional boots this year but you want style, add Sorel boots to your wishlist! 





No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c