Widget while you shop at Peapod

Shopping online with Peapod already makes my shopping excursions easier, but now they've taken things a step further by offering an iGoogle widget! Using my zip code, the Peapod widget features the top 24 weekly specials so I don't have to log into the site directly.

“Consumers are looking for more ways to save on household expenses but they also expect technology to aid in everyday tasks,” said Peg Merzbacher, director of marketing for Peapod. “Our team is constantly looking at ways we can develop new technologies to satisfy those needs for our customers.”

To access the Peapod widget, simply click on the "Specials" tab on the Peapod homepage and select the Google icon.

Why I like this widget:

• Instead of getting another supermarket circular in the mail, the Peapod widget is paperless and convenient to access.
• By scrolling through the widget, I can see which food items to stock up on for the week if the price is right!
• Like many of us, I shop at a variety of markets depending on the value and specific product. The widget will show me if Peapod offers a better value for that week.

Why I LOVE Peapod:

• I have better control over impulse shopping and usually save money by not shopping in the store.
• I don't have worry about getting Maddy, the diaper bag and 6-8 bags of groceries in the house at once.
• I can re-order previous lists that are saved on the site.
• I know that Peapod is quality controlled and delivers food straight from a Stop-and-Shop store.
• I know I can turn to Peapod when I'm planning a party or need to REALLY buy in bulk.


About Peapod
Founded in 1989 as a smart shopping option for busy people, Peapod today stands as the country's leading Internet grocer, serving the metro areas of Boston, Chicago, Hartford, Milwaukee, New Haven, Providence and Washington, D.C., Suburban New York City and communities in the states of Connecticut, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Virginia. The Skokie, Illinois-based company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Royal Ahold in The Netherlands, has made over 13 million deliveries. For more information on Peapod, call 1.800.5.PEAPOD (573.2763), or visit www.peapod.com.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c