Found! Zeller Schwarze Katz Riesling

There was a 2-year period after I graduated college and started working where I frequented the restaurant/bar scene in Morristown with my girls. Although I enjoyed the pub atmosphere of the Famished Frog and the dancing at the Funky Monkey, nothing compared to the Mediterranean style and New York City chic of The Muse.

Aside from the blue lights strung along the bar and the smooth jazz music, the food and beverages were killer! From the red pepper hummus to the Almond Joy martinis and the secret recipe Baklava Shot (which we had to do with the owner), I couldn't spend a night out in Morristown without stopping there. When I wasn't rocking a different flavored martini, I was sipping on my usual favorite glass of Riesling. I only knew what it was because of the black cat on the label. I didn't know the name and for the longest time was in search of it at the liquor stores near my home. I need to search no more! I finally found the wine an it was a great reunion!

The mystery Riesling with the black cat label is P.J. Valckenberg, Zeller Schwarze Katz Riesling, 2006. I like Riesling that is light, fruity and crispy. This label is right up there with my all-time favorite: Schmitt Sohne. In addition to drinking it, I love cooking with it too. The best, if you like sweet sauces, is to add Riesling to a tomato sauce and throw in some shrimp. Delish!

P.J. Valckenberg Zeller Schwarze Katz Riesling can usually be found for under $10 at most liquor stores.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c