What I Want: Laptop Sleeve

Even though my birthday isn't until October, I'm always looking out for ideas since I NEVER know what I want when asked. I was watching Fashion Team on the TV Guide channel where they were featuring Gina B. designer laptop bags ranging from expensive to even more expensive. I definitely don't need another big bag to weigh down my shoulder, but I could use a laptop sleeve so I can carry my laptop in one of my many bags and protect it at the same time.

In my search, I stumbled upon a fabulous business of pick-you-own fabric products. And what's even more perfect-it is a New Jersey business!


M. Avery Designs is the creative endeavor of Megan Avery who started her business in 1998 after a stint in corporate America. With handmade items, she turned a do-it-all-herself business into a do-it-with-help company. She has a custom service where you can pick your own fabrics or you can shop in her Ready Made Boutique. Her company started in and remains in Hoboken, but she has an online store and sells at fairs and shows. She also offers handbag parties in her Hoboken store which is a perfect affair for bridesmaids, good friends, or women in a creative mood.

Now, going back to the laptop sleeve. I found the Beverly style. I can choose from any of the fabrics offered through the site. Or, I can choose from Equilter.com for an additional $5 or $10 per item. It's so hard to choose from all the cool patterns, but my top faves from M Avery's available images are: Heart Locket, Gothic Rose (from Equilter), and Chocolate Floral (also from Equilter). But if you browse Equilter.com, wow are there fun fabrics! Like Bright Orchids. But, oh oh oh..I think I found the winner: Fiorenza Flourishes! I love love love this pattern! If I could have it in a chair, I would, but I could settle for the laptop sleeve.

So take notes, family. I know you are reading this! (No point in being subtle).

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c