Movie Review

Blockbuster Online reviews

I'm still on my online rental kick and I love it. It takes about 2-3 days to return a movie and then receive a new one. Extremely fast!

Here are my recent views and reviews:

Dead Girl: This all-star cast including Toni Collette, Giovanni Ribisi, Rose Byrne, James Franco, Mary Steenburgen, Marcia Gay Harden, Kerry Washington, and Brittany Murphy tells the story of the brutal murder of a runaway and the ripple effect it has on the community where she is found. The movie is told in a chapter format and replays the events both before and after her death. It was a short movie (for today's standards), but instantly engrossing. You might like this movie if you liked: Memento, The Black Dahlia and Identity.

Brick: Another movie about solving a murder, but set to an entirely different beat. And unlike that traditional high-school flick of parties, sunny California beaches and shopping, this movie gives a glimpse into the dark and twisty reality of the high-school drug underworld. The hero of the sordid tale is Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Third Rock from the Sun, 10 Things I Hate About You) who is tracking down the killer of his ex-girlfriend who had turned to the dark side and disappeared. He quickly finds himself engrossed in the world of crime, seduction, and coverups in the effort to unlock the truth without getting killed. Reviewed as a modern day "film-noir" in the styling of Dashiell Hammett. You might like this movie if you like: River's Edge, Heathers, Alpha Dog, or The Salton Sea.

I Capture the Castle shows have been Law and Order, Cold Case, American Justice, etc). : I do have a lighter and brighter side to me. I am not all morbid like you might think by my previous film choices. I just have a liking for crime dramas...always has (Law & Order, Cold Case, American Justice). Anyway, I have a soft side for romance. In this movie, we meet 2 sisters in 1930s England who have been trapped for more than 10 years in a castle that their father had purchased with the hopes to write the follow-up to his first successful novel. Feeling rammy with the knowledge that they were going nowhere fast, the eldest and more beautiful of the sisters set out to meet a suitor who would save them from despair. Two American men enter the scene and change their lives forever. The beautiful sister makes herself love one of the brothers while he becomes the object of affection by the younger plain narrator. The classic heroine of the movie, the plain Jane, is in search of real love and is instead trying to maintain normalcy among the family that has been swept up by the empty joy of wealth and fortune. By the end, she has felt love and been broken by love, but is hopeful to feel again. You might like this movie if you liked Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Shakespeare in Love, Enchanted April and Mermaids.

I didn't really like: Borat (shock among all shocks....but I find myself saying "Very Nice" all the time!) & Forty Shades of Blue.

Next in my queue: All The Real Girls and I'm With Lucy

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c