Crab & Cabbage Soup

I was in the mood for boiled cabbage last night and made up a yummy soup that also had my other fav-imitation crab meat. I made it in the microwave (our stove has been disconnected since we had the kitchen remodeled).

Here is the rough recipe:
1:1 parts Veggie Broth and water (1/2 c ea. or 1 c ea)
2 big handfuls of chopped cabbage-shredded and just peeled off the head
1 package of imitation crab meat
1 broiler over tray of frozen Lima beans and gourmet mushrooms (bake until crispy and then add to soup as it is boiling)
2 Tbsp of basil and parsley flakes
salt for taste


There is no real structure to the way I make soup, but I started with the cabbage and broth. I waited until the water got to a good boil before I added in the crab meat. Once the crab meat started to separate and loosen up, I added the crispy Lima/mushroom mix. Towards the end-the last 3 minutes or so I added in the spices. Since I was using the microwave, it took awhile to cook. All-in-all, the soup took 15-20 minutes. But it is so fudge proof that you can make it how you like it.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c