Favorites for Sunday 2.04.07

Does a Body Good:

The Dancer's Diet: I hit a road block in my fitness and decided to try this diet which is part of the Yoga Booty Ballet series. I lost 2.5 lbs in one week! The basic idea is to increase protein into snacks and limit your starch and fruit intake at all meals. My typical day of food looked like this:

1) Breakfast: 1 cup plain yogurt (with like 4 or 5 splendas for sweetness)
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
sliced strawberries or any berries (Berry fruits are the only ones allowed on the diet)

2) Snack (they say 1-2 hours after each meal)
a few slices of deli turkey meat (they suggest any portion of meat or meat substitute. Soy yogurt, plain yogurt, and egg whites fell under meat sub.)

3) Lunch: more turkey meat and a salad with cucumbers, broccoli, mushrooms, and balsamic vinaigrette. I always tended to cheat by having a slice of grain bread maybe once or twice.

4) Snack: Soy yogurt or more turkey. Here is were I really cheated and had some pretzel rods. But not too much.

5) Dinner: Portion of meat and veggies like spinach, mushrooms, beans, etc. Only dessert: Tea.

6) And don't forget the water! I can't do all water all the time, so I live on Crystal Light. It get's me the water and it's yummy! My students actually know me for my crystal light and for some reason are so interested in the flavors.

_________________________________________________________
A Good Read: The Memory Keeper's Daughter.
I haven't actually read it yet, but I purchased and uploaded the audiobook to my iTunes. It came highly recommended from the women at work.

_________________________________________________________
A Good-but-Gone Show: Day Break on abc.com
**Warning-- You will become a computer-potato once you start watching!** This was the Lost-replacement on ABC that was cancelled before if finished it's run. I wasn't going to watch it bc I thought it was a nother Groundhog Day movie, but it soo is not. If you like crime mysteries and following clues, this is a great show. They just posted 4 new episodes which I watched on Friday night. The next will be up on Monday. Taye Diggs is also not bad to look at.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c