This contest is closed. Congrats Aileen!
Katherine O'Hara, co-founder of the Boonton-based Mediterranean Snack Food Company which produced the Rachael Ray "Snack of the Day" Buffalo Nickel Wingers, has some easy healthy tips to make your Super Bowl party guilt-free! And one lucky reader will win a multi-pack of healthy snacks like the BN WIngers, Veggie Chips & Sticks, Cheddar Clouds and more! So keep reading!
Consider healthier and unique snack alternatives when cheering your favorite team to victory.
Looking to host the perfect football party? Here are five tips to full-flavor, zero-guilt snacking:
- Avoid deep-fried foods. Rather than French fries or fried chicken wings, try oven-baked potato fries or breaded, skinless chicken breast.
- Serving your guests light beer and diet soda can drastically reduce their calorie intake.
- If your tastes lean toward wine over beer, choosing red wine instead of white may be a healthier choice (red wine offers more antioxidants than white).
- Add beans to your dishes. The fiber and plant protein helps your guests feel fuller, faster. Consider a bean dip or chili as part of your menu items.
- Look for whole-grain or multi-grain snacks that offer calcium, fiber and protein –you’ll avoid a lot of empty calories.
Mediterranean Snack Foods Company offers a family of healthier snack options.
- Buffalo Nickel Wingers offer 60% less fat than traditional chips and are also the perfect alternative to game day hot wings. Consider that a portion of hot wings (15 wings) can pack 1050 calories and 72 grams of fat; when compared to 25 Wingers totaling just 120 calories and 4 grams of fat (0 grams saturated).
- Veggie Chips and Straws have 30% less fat than traditional chips.
- Multigrain Chips have 40% less fat than traditional chips.
- Cheddar Clouds have 50% less fat than traditional chips.
The entire “Med Snacks” lineup is all natural, cholesterol free, GMO free, and contains no trans fats, artificial colors or preservatives.
Here is how you can win!
- Leave a comment with some of the ways that you try to stay healthy at big food parties.
- For extra entries (do any of the following): Become a Fan of Mrs Mo on Facebook, Follow me on Twitter, Become a fan of my other site, NJMyWay.com on Facebook or Twitter. Whatever you do, let me know in the comments section!
- Additional Entries: Retweet this contest and make sure to CC me (@mrsmonj) and Buffalo Nickel Wingers(@BNWingers)