Mrs Mo's TweetUp at Cream Ridge Winery

Yesterday I Tweeted that Rob and I were heading to the Jackson Outlets. A few minutes later, Brian Mulligan aka @CRWinery @replied to me saying to stop on by because the outlets were only 10 minutes away. You don't have to twist my arm too hard to sample some of the award-winning wines from Cream Ridge, who also are know for their fruit wines, a bottling variety that is hard to find in NJ (My first introduction to fruit wine was up in Quechee VT and I was hooked).

I was excited for my 2nd Tweet-Up in 2 days, to get to know the winemakers/owners, and to finally sample my favorite NJ Winery! Since I was also shopping for my mother's birthday, I figured that I might as well sample the whites and reds for her too. The list of their wines is below, but my favorites that day were: Riesling, Spice Wine, Alicante Bouschet (a red wine for white wine lovers), Cherry and Pear. Since I was watching my budget, I opted for the Riesling(for my mom, though it's my favorite white wine) and 2 Alicante bottles. What I loved about the Alicante was it's smooth and light taste. Not bitter or dry.

Leading my tasting was Eileen Amabile, the 2nd generation co-owner along with 3rd generation Brian, who told me a brief history of the winery. Started as a hobby by her father, an Irvington native, Cream Ridge was established in 1988 and has received numerous accolades including the Governor's Cup, a top honor among wineries in New Jersey, for 6 years and running!
Cream Ridge Winery is located right along Rt 539, and if take that road out towards LBI (like Rob and me), take a few minutes and stop in. Grab a bottle for dinner! In addition to wine, they have a shop with gourmet products and gift baskets. They also offer custom labeling. Like many of the wineries in the area, Cream Ridge also runs a number of tastings, special & community events. Visit their site for announcements or simply follow Brian!

Below is the list of wines available at Cream Ridge Winery. You can place orders for pick up or simply drop by to sample!

white wines

Pinot Gris - Dry. $14.95
Sauvignon Blanc - Light, dry. $14.95
Riesling - Semi-dry, fruity. $15.95
Eastern White - Blend of Catawba & Niagara. Semi-sweet, fruity. $9.95

blush wines

Country Blush - Semi-sweet. Similar to White Zinfandel. $9.95
Spice Wine - A mulled wine with cinnamon, clove, allspice. Serve warm or chilled. $9.95
Sangria - Blush wine with fruit and citrus flavors. $9.95

Raley's Red - Blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. Dry $13.95
Alicante Bouschet - Light bodied red, oak aged $13.95
Zinfandel - Dry, oak aged. Berry finish. $14.95
Cream Ridge Red - Blend of Chambourcin, Lemberger, Cab Franc, DeChaunac. Estate grown. Oak aged. $13.95
Chambourcin - Dry, oak aged French American hybrid. $13.95

Cherry- (Ciliegia Amabile) Made with Mont Morency cherries. Barely sweet. 2005 Governor's Cup winner. Tastes like cherry pie. $14.95
Blueberry - NJ Blueberries. Lightly sweet. $14.95
Pear - Lightly sweet. Made from Barlett pears. $14.95
Plum - Made from NJ Damson & NJ Beach Plums $14.95
Black Currant - Sweet, intense black currant flavor. Sweet/tart. 375 ml. 9.95
Almondberry - Raspberry and white wine with almonds. Our most popular wine. 2005 gold medal winner. $9.95


No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c