What have I been doing lately?

For a little over 2 weeks now, I've been working on expanding the ever growing empire of Moi! Ok, that sounded really conceited. But truthfully, for the longest time I've wanted been trying to figure out how to group all of my volunteer work with the knowledge I've acquired at Rider and couple it with my hobby for planning, designing and teaching. If this was my business, what would I call it? Is it "Communications?" What about "Consulting?" It's not strictly "Event Planning," so it took me a bit to land on the perfect word to define my services. And I came up with it.

H. Morris Solutions.

Simple. Personal. Professional.

I chose "Solutions" because that is exactly what I want to offer an individual or company: Business Solutions. From administrative support with virtual assistance to planning meetings and networking events. From helping to promote a self-starter with pr tools to training a staff on how to use a new web-portal. I've done so many random jobs and tasks that it was time for me to make my services official.

I'm currently in the process of designing business cards and a website. I've established a web address and email, but will publish those when I have more content. With the help of family and friends I have decided on a crisp and professional logo that is also simple and classic. What do you think?

My next step is to actually join the Mercer Regional Chamber of Commerce, the organization that I volunteered for before Maddy was born. I have behind-the-scenes knowledge of how powerful belonging to a Chamber is to help get noticed. Not only are their events fun and effective, but the members are so welcoming and enjoy helping each other. Joining the chamber will be the easy part. Getting out there any actually networking and mingling, will be hard. It may not be obvious from the way I write or the content of my site, but it's very hard for me to network and promote myself face-to-face. I prefer someone to come up to me and start a conversation. I'm still learning the art of small talk. That's the shy part of me. But, you have to start somewhere. And if you want to be successful, you have to step outside your comfort zone.

Beyond the Chamber, some other networks that I have used to promote this site and will use to promote my business are: EntreCard, Twitter and Facebook. I will also get more practice writing press releases that I can send to papers and other media outlets. And the rest will be left to research and referrals.

Feel free to drop me a line at hmorris@hmorris-solutions.com if you are interested in my services or would simply like some information.


No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c