Always a season for pumpkin

Every year at Christmas, us kids are assigned a dish to bring to the table. I elected a salad and decided to make my best imitation of a seasonal Saladworks Harvest Salad. I must say that the Pumpkin Vinaigrette really made the salad complete! And it just shows that there is always a season for pumpkin dressing.

Here is the recipe below. Enjoy!

Salad
-1 pkg of spring mix greens (I used the organic since the container was bigger)
-1 pkg shredded carrots
-pre-sliced red onion
-1/2 c to 1 c of craisins and dried apples

(this is what I put in. Feel free to add your own harvest mix. The real recipe also called for corn, sunflower seeds and turkey)

Dressing
-1 tsp minced garlic
-1/8 tsp pepper
-1 tsp maple syrup
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
-2 Tbsp rice vinegar
-4-6 Tbsp EVOO

Depending on your number of guests you may need to double some of the liquid ingredients. I added more maple syrup and EVOO and it was still great!

1 comment:

Spoon of life said...

Hmmm yummy!!!

Have an amazing 2008 full of dreams come true my friend!!!

There's a little "gift" in my blog;)
The Videos are finaaaallllyyy up;)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c