Mrs Mo's Veggie Pick: Yellow Zucchini

I'm a huge fan of all types of squash and zucchini, but I don't think I ever cooked or ate yellow zucchini before until this past week.

Last Saturday, I picked up a carton from the West Windsor Farmers Market for $3! That night, I sliced up the zucchini and grilled them along with some tuna (also purchased from the market). First I had them in a skillet with some olive oil, but then I just transferred them out of the oil and onto the the griddle/grill with the tuna to get crispy. Wow...were they good!

I still had 3 more full zucchini to go through for the week. I cooked them the next day with some Japanese eggplant and then another day just on their own in my broiler oven. Either on their own or with another veggie, the yellow zucchini stood out! Both my husband and I loved how they came out. I don't know if it is the yellow color, but the zucchini had a buttery taste to it. Sometimes, you can taste the garden with green zucchini, but the yellow is mild. I guess you could say it tasted how it looked.

For more yellow zucchini meal ideas, check out the recipe links below:

  • http://www.melissas.com/recipes/index.cfm?Recipe_ID=2318
  • http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/sidedish/zucchini_cilantropecanpesto.html
  • http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/aspen-2002-grilled-green-and-yellow-zucchini

3 comments:

Spoon of life said...

I gotta say I'm nervous about moving to NJ...I'm such a New York City gal...but I know I can count on you for the best place to go in the Garden State;)

M.

Mrs Mo said...

Where are you moving? Hopefully I give you some advice!

Spoon of life said...

Nutley o.O
Hehehe I'm just glad it's close to the city...'cos my life it's here in the city...thank you so much!!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c