Lego My Wheat-Free Waffles!

I recently joined the Biggest Loser Online-Club and one of the frequent recommendations for breakfast is a waffle with fruit. Since I need to eat Wheat-Free foods, I thought that wasn't going to work and I would stick to my rice puff cereal. However, while I was shopping in The Fresh Fig Shop in Pennington, I saw these Van's Wheat Free waffles. I thought, what the heck, let's give them a try.

The next morning, I put 2 waffles (189 cal, 5 g of fat-0.5 g. sat, 5 g. fiber, 4 g. protein for both) in the toaster oven. I topped them with canned peaches, cinnamon, and just a drizzle of the regular syrup we had in the cabinet. I loved them. They were nice and crisp and light. I haven't had a real waffle in so long so I can't tell you the difference, but I'm sure the wheat free version is not as dense. You can always dress them up with the good fatty/sugary stuff like whipped cream, syrup and butter if you can't give up the entire experience. But try these for a healthy alternative. Your body will thank you.

The Fresh Fig is located on 1 Tree Farm Rd, Pennington, NJ, (609) 737-3447

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
ss_blog_claim=178ee5a32d051edf45e4d3723255f64c